March 2019 Issue #163
What fun that we both love gardening. Thanks for joining me.
2) Eco gardening tips
3) Roasted Cabbage with Mustard Vinaigrette
Container growing… just about anything can be used to grow plants in, including this novel recycling idea on No dig Vegetable Garden's FACEBOOK page.
The best vegetable cookbook on the market.
Over 150 pages of wonderful recipes and ideas, with good,
clear photos and instructions.
Click HERE to find out more information and get yourself a never-to-part-with copy!
Roasted Cabbage with Mustard Vinaigrette
Once you've tried roasted cabbage this way, you'll be hooked. It's sweetly spicy with a melty texture.
- For cabbage
- ½ small-medium green cabbage (it reduces in size when cooked)
- 1 Tbln olive oil
- Salt & pepper to
- For Vinaigrette
- 2 tspns prepared mustard (Dijon is best)
- 2 tspns white balsamic or white-wine vinegar (otherwise use apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tspn lemon juice
- 3 Tblns chives, finely chopped
- 2 Tblns olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 420°F (215°C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Cut your half cabbage into four wedges, or slice into approximately 3 cm (1.25") rounds. Remove most of core, but aim to keep wedges intact if possible.
- Put cabbage on hot baking sheet. Drizzle the top cut sides with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast cabbage for 12 minutes. Carefully flip over and roast on other side for 12 minutes until slightly browned on both sides.
- Meanwhile make vinaigrette by mixing mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, salt & pepper in a small bowl. Stir in oil and
- Put cooked cabbage onto dish and spread the vinaigrette over while still hot.
- Serve hot or slightly cooled, or put back in oven in oven-proof dish and keep warm until serving.
Note: Can add other greens, such as broccoli and cauliflower.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Makes Enough for 2 or more people
Live, love and garden.